Tuesday 31 March 2015

Happy Birthday Grandma!

We've had a few birthdays this week, as this is birthday season for us.  Between the 23rd of March and the 2nd of April, there are 2 birthdays in our immediate family and 3 in the extended family.  This year the most important was Grandma Anderson, who turned 80.  Because it's the only time she'll have an 80th birthday I made her a quilt.  It's the first quilt I've made for anyone and it wouldn't win any prizes but I thought it turned out ok.

I put silhouettes of all the grandchildren on the front and a bargello pattern on the back, which is actually centered although the perspective in the photo makes it look off-centre.

I did a lot of free-motion quilting to hold it together, thanks to David buying me a decent machine for my birthday, as my old cheap plastic one couldn't handle anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment