Wednesday 18 December 2013

Bargain of the week

We are real bargain hunters in this house (well, I am; the kids like the bargains but not the hunting so much...)
Today I dropped into the hospice shop.  My excuse was that having forgotten to change out of my gardening skirt (which was grubby, and has a hole in it), it was easier to look for a new one than drive all the way home in the Christmas traffic.  I found 2 skirts, 2 t-shirts, a book of poetry by Fiona Farrell (never heard of her, but it looks interesting) a book of Anchor iron-on embroidery patterns, a box of old Shakespeare books  ($1) and this (50c, below), all for $11.

I remember my dear sister used to be into quilling, the girls are keen to try it.  A holiday project - should keep them busy until Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Fiona Farrell is my friends mum. She lives on Banks Peninsula

    ReplyDelete